View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 08:16 PM   #114
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Player News
Dani Rodrigues
goes to the media to complain. He wants first team football. He's the same kind of player that James Pinnock was, however, he lacks any real special skills, like the free kick and corner kick ability that Pinnock has. He also was acquired in the offseason spree we made, but I doubt I'll have a spot for him in the senior squad anytime soon.

Transfer News
Our Rowan Vine bid has been rejected. We lack the fundage to make an adequate bid -they are asking 650k for Vine- without a part exchange, so I may as well stick a fork in him...

Contract News
Steve Howard rejects our final offer. To hell with him, he'll play somewhere else next Fall... He now doesn't believe Luton has the resources to meet his demands, well F**k you mister, I don't know how, but we'll do without you next season. Now, I feel much better

February 22, 2006
home vs Cardiff City (currently 1st, 9 points ahead of us)
S: Showunmi/Howard/Pinnock
AMC: Mansell
DMC: Johnson/Chambers (with up arrows)
D: Davis/James/Williams/Keane (full backs with up arrows)
GK: Goodlad

10th minute: James Pinnock launches a beauty of a free kick, from just outside their penalty box, just inside the post for the 1-0 goal.

35th minute: They catch Mark Goodlad napping, as they score on a 25 yards strike. Back to square one, 1-1.

51st minute: Darn it! Another long ball gets the better of Goodlad as we go down 1-2.

63rd minute: Pinnock powers another free kick, this time through the wall, where it gets deflected. Their keeper jumps the wrong way as the ball goes in. We tie 2-2.

We hang on, I'm very happy with this draw.

Final Score: Luton 2, Cardiff 2
Shots (on target): Luton 6 (2), Cardiff 8 (3)
MoM: Cardiff's James Collins with a ratings of 8
HoM: James Pinnock with 2 goals and a ratings of 8.
Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 11/13
middle: 17/30
their zone: 16/13

We drop to 4th as Sheffield Wednesday won.

U18/Loan News
Ipswich and Gillingham both want Kevin Joyce on loan. I ask the mandatory 400k fee...

FM