View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 01:13 PM   #113
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Contract News
Seems to me like I could do a copy/paste, as Steve Howard rejects yet one more offer from us. We up the signing fee to 80k, but I'm starting to believe we'll never sign him...

Loan News
Peterborough wants keeper Rob Beckwith and defender Kevin Joyce on loan. I have a feeling I may need Beckwith, so I ask for a 14k fee and I ask for a 400k fee for Joyce.

Transfer News
I try one last time for Rowan Vine. I offer Enoch Sowunmi and Elvis Hammond with 180k for Vine.

Loan News
Peterborough withdraw their loan bid on both Kevin Joyce and Rob Beckwith.

Contract News
Steve Howard reject our offer once more. I up the signing fee to 100k, that's my definite last offer.

January 18, 2006
away at Millwall (currently 2nd, 4 points ahead of us)
S: Tarachulski/Howard/Hammond
AMC: Mansell
DMC: Johnson/Chambers (with up arrows)
D: Carbon/Davies/Oyedele/Foley (full backs with up arrows)
GK: Goodlad

We have a rough stretch of games coming up. First we'll play second place Millwall, and then four days later, we get to play first place Cardiff City.

On top of these games, Chris Coyne is still away on international Duty (Oceania Nations Cup). He's been away for like 2 weeks, even though Australia wasn't part of the qualification stage.

Millwall played a pretty basic 4-4-2 in their last game, but they show a darn 4-2-4 as we get to the game. Darn I hate this formation.

14th minute: They move in from the left and cross the ball all the way to the other side. The kick comes in, the ball hits right inside the post, we go down 0-1.

22nd minute: Shola Oyedele leaves his centreback position and is way too adventurous. They center the ball into the hole he left open. The finish is easy. Down 0-2.

37th minute: Wo, we're getting killed. They go around Matt Carbon, center it, another seemingly easy goal. Mark Goodlad is having an awful game as we go down 0-3.

42nd minute: A long pas from Curtis Davies to Steve Howard leaves Howard alone behind their defensive line for an easy goal. He's alone for a reason, he was offside, goal is disallowed.

64th minute: A short corner kick is given back to the corner kick taker, who switfly centers it, we go down 0-4.

81st minute: It's getting seriously ugly. Nothing we do is going right. A free kick over a 6 man wall, top corner, is their fifth goal of the game. Down 0-5 and I can't wait for it to end...

Final Score: Luton 0, Millwall 5
Shots (on target): Luton 7 (5), Millall 22 (10)
MoM: Millwall's Jody Morris with a ratings of 9. Their whole team is all 8's except one 7 and two 9's.
HoM: NOBODY!!!
Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 10/23
middle: 19/28
their zone: 10/10

We remain in 3rd despite the loss, now tied with Swindon.

FM