View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 12:39 PM   #112
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Contract/Transfer News
Steve Howard
rejects yet one more offer from us. We up the signing fee from 60k to 70k and up the yearly wage rise from 5 to 10%.

Among other Howard news, Sheffield Wednesday make it publicly known that they may come after Howard. I have a chance to respond and my comment goes to the effect that I will only sell him for the right price.

Following these comments, Howard goes to the media and says he owes it to himself to look seriously at moving to a bigger club. Son of a gun...

January 14, 2006
away at Walsall (currently 13th with 40pts, we have 59 pts)
S: Pinnock/Howard/Tarachulski
AMC: Bridge-Wilkinson
DMC: Wilde/Johnson (no up arrows)
D: Carbon/Williams/Oyedele/Keane (full backs with up arrows)
GK: Goodlad

39th minute: A great counter-attack, launched by Marc-Bridge-Wilkinson with a 45 yards pass over the defender line, straight to the feet of Steve Howard is the source of our first goal in the game, as Howard brilliantly finishes it. We're up 1-0.

60th minute: They score on a crazy bending kick, from 25 yards out. Tied 1-1.

66th minute: Quick double salvo, as they take their time setting the perfect center that leads to their go ahead goal. Down 1-2.

85th minute: Elvis Hammond has plenty of speed in him, after replacing Bartosz Tarachulski. He uses it to go clean around a defender, into the box. He takes a first shot, but it's block by their keeper. Howard is there for the rebound and is second goal of the game. Tied 2-2.

They have a couple of amazing chances of killing us in the 92nd minute, but we hang in there for the draw.

Final Score: Luton 2, Walsall 2
Shots (on target): Luton 7 (5), Walsall 15 (5)
MoM: Walsall's keeper Dean Watts with a ratings of 8.
HoM: Steve Howard with 2 goals and a ratings of 8.
Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 8/37
middle: 18/23
their zone: 10/4

As you can see, we got completely eaten alive on possession in that game...

We remain in 3rd place as Sheffield Wednesday didn't play today.

Mark Jones suffered a stubbed toe in the game and will mis 5 days.

We now have a 22 games unbeaten streak going on.

FM