View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 11:59 AM   #15
revrew
Team Chaplain

Behind the scenes:

Once again, our opponent outgained us by ground and by air, their numbers gaudy. But turnovers and third-down conversions allowed us to hold on to the ball, while red zone production drove up our score.

The big news in this game, however, is the loss of defensive captain, Safety Roosevelt Clements for 3-5 weeks (more likely 5, as "shoulder tendonitis"—in my experience—means "keep him out or the injury will keep coming back").

Around the UMVC, half the teams had a bye, but in the big matchup between North Winn and Cresco-Notre Dame, the win goes to the Mustangs. I expect they will soon charge past Lansing to begin challenging us for the conference title, but with 2 losses (and one to us), we're still sitting pretty.

Our game plan seems to be perfect, as our RBs give us occasional big plays, our QB's completion percentage is over 65%, and our defense—who we knew would be pitiful overall—nonetheless is coming up with big plays.

Next week, an out-of-state game against the Wauzeka Hornets, a team whose entire O-line is shattered by injury, but whose defense may be the best in Wisconsin. They cannot run (our defense's Achilles Heel), but have a very talented QB. We should beat them, but we can't afford to look past them, as they have what it takes to upset us.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote