View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004, 02:42 PM   #110
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Scouting/Transfer News
One of m scout reports to me that he has found a D/DM with some potential. The player is named Shola Oyedele, is 21yo and currently plays for the reserve team of MK Dons. I take a look at his skill set and he's interesting. Valued at 16k, I offer 10k now and 4k more when the player will have had 20 appearances for us.

U18 News
16yo Kevin Joyce is a commanding presence in Luton U18 squad 3-2 qin over Millwall's U18 team. He had a ratings of 8, winning 12 of 13 headers, 6 of them key headers.

Transfer News
The offer for Shola Oyedele is accepted. We go into contract negotiation mode. He want $1250 per week while my assistant thinks it would be reasonable to got as high as $1500, since he seems to have considerable talent for his age. I offer him $1000, considering he's making way less than that right now, and I see him more as a long term project. The offer is for a contract good until June 30, 2010.

Contract News
Steve Howard once more rejects our offer but is still open to negotiate. This is getting old. I up the signing fee to 60k and add a 5% yearly wage rise clause to the many clauses already there.

Loan News
Deep, deep backup Sean Ridgeway goes on loan to Northwood. He says he's looking forward to playing first team football. Good luck my friend...

Contract news
Shola Oyedele
agrees to term and signs a contract that will keep him with the Hatters until June 30, 2010. He says he can't wait to break into the first team setup at Kenilworth Road. I may put him in as my backup defender of defensive middie, then, maybe not.

FM