View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004, 02:30 PM   #109
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Player Praise
I praise Steve Howard for his great recent form. The reaction I get from the fans tells me I should everything that is possible to resign him.

Contract News
And speaking of Howard, he reject our offer once more, but remains willing to nefotiate. I up the signing fee from 40k to 52k and make a new offer.

Scout watches Redhead
That's what one of my news message said, for a moment, I was "what the heck, go watch players, not the ladies at the club!!!" Turned out it was a bad striker with a last name of Redhead, hehe

February 4, 2006
home vs Port Vale (currently 5th, 6 points behind us)
S: Showunmi/Howard/Hammond
AMC: Mansell
DMC: Robinson/Johnson (with up arrows)
D: Davis/Williams/Davies/Foley (no arrows)
GK: Goodlad
We are still in 3rd, now 3 points behind second place Millwall and 6 points behind first place Cardiff. These guys are not dropping many games, we have to keep fighting.

Many games in few days force me to go in depth. Also, Chris Coyne is still on international duty, Adam Chambers is suspended and Marc Bridge-Wilkinson is injured. To keep my full backs fresh, I take off the up arrows on them for this game.

24th minute: They center the ball to our 6 yard box. Curtis Davies is there to head it out, but he hits it weak and the ball stay in the penalty box, where they take it and score. Down 0-1.

35th minute: Mark Williams is getting burned so bad I have to take him off. Tony James comes in.

61st minute: Richard Johnson gets his second yellow card of the game and is sent off. With only ten men and behind by one, this is not going to be easy...

92nd minute: Two minutes into injury time, Steve Howard plays a free kick short outside their penalty box. Mark Jones is the recipient. He tries to force is once, but it's blocked by a defender. The ball gets right back to him, he dribbles it to position himself better and fires a 25 yard strike for the equalizer!!! 10 men and we tie them!!!

Final Score: Luton 1, Port Vale 1
Shots (on target): Luton 9 (2), Port Vale 8 (3)
MoM: Port Vale's Steve Rowland with a ratings of 8.
HoM: Mark Jones with a ratings of 8, the tying goal. He also completed 16 of 21 passes in only 28 minutes on the field.
Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 8/12
middle: 22/27
their zone: 19/12

We remain in 3rd, now tied with Sheffield Wednesday who won their match. The good news is that both Millwall and Cardiff drew their match.

Richard Johnson will be suspended for one match for having been sent off.

FM