View Single Post
Old 12-26-2004, 02:09 PM   #106
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

January 28, 2006
away at Rushden & Diamonds (currently in 17th with 31pts, we have 51pts)
S: Showunmi/Howard/Tarachuslki
AMC: Bridge-Wilkinson
DMC: Robinson/Johnson (with up arrows)
D: Davis/Williams/Davies/Chambers
GK: Goodlad

Rushden promoted from League Two this season, and they were the team that ousted us from the FA Cup last season, although we beat them in league play earlier this season. They played a 4-4-2 with moderate push from the wingers in their last match.

Good news as I get ready for the match, as I see that overall, the players' morale wasn't too badly affected by the recent loss.

16th minute: RED CARD!!! One of their player kicked the ball toward Steve Robinson after they'd been awarded a free kick for offside. They switch to 4-4-1 with no push from the wingers.

19th minute: Enoch Showunmi shows me why I had to resign him, as he makes a great center, to Steve Howard's head for th 1-0 goal.

That will be the final score, in a game way too close for comfort. We could never get chances to score, despite being one man up on them. They finished the game in a very offensive 2-4-3 formation. At least we got the win.

Final Score: Luton 1, Rushden 0
Shots (on target): Luton 6 (3), Rushden 6 (2)
MoM: Steve Robinson, with a ratings of 8, winning 5 of 8 tackles, completing 16 of 18 passes, 3 of them key passes. It's his first MoM award this season.
Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 20/14
middle: 25/18
their zone: 10/13

We move within 1 point of Sheffield Wednesday and the 3rd place with the win. Sheffield lost 1-3 to Boston Utd.

Weird thing following the game, my physio tells me again that Tony James needs some rest, even though he only played 28 minutes. And on James' profile page, it says he is match fit. When I ask a report from my two physios, they both say he's not been with the club long enough for them to comment...
FM