View Single Post
Old 12-24-2004, 03:01 PM   #103
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

January 21, 2006
home vs Swindon (currently in 5th, only 3 points behind us)
S: Showunmi/Howard/Tarachulski
AMC: Jones
DMC: Johnson/Keane (with up arrows)
D: Davis/James/Coyne/Foley (full backs with up arrows)
GK: Goodlad

Swindon player a 4-3-3 very similar to ours (out arrows on the outside strikers, but with the 3 middies on a line in the middle of the field) in their last match. However, they make a switch to a 4-4-2 with moderate push from the wings as we get to the game. We've had fairly good success against this kind of 4-4-2 lately.

22nd minute: We get a free kick right outside their penalty box. It's Steve Howard versus a 5 man wall. He kicks it over the wall, top corner from 20 yards out! We're up 1-0.

We kept knocking at the door all game long, but we missed many chances.

83rd minute: Another set piece play is the source for our second goal. This time, it's a great corner kick from Marc Bridge-Wilkinson that's aimed straight to the penalty spot. Chris Coyne is there to head it home, it's now 2-0. This late in the game, that goal is the killer. This is the final score.

Final Score: Luton 2, Swindon 0
Shots (on target): Luton 17 (8), Swindon 4 (0)
MoM: Chris Coyne, with a ratings of 8, 1 goal, 26 of 35 passes and winning 6 of 6 headers.
Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 15/11
middle: 20/26
their zone: 15/13

Tony James gets a ratings of 7 and an assist in his first game with us. However, our physio, in his after match evaluation, tells me that James is in need of a rest. Darn it!!! I hope we have not just acquired a lemon...

FM