View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 01:58 PM   #100
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Transfer News
Interesting, Andrea Valente agrees to a deal with Hereford. We are still waiting to hear from Tony James on our offer.

Transfer/Contract News
And the news comes the very next day. Tony James accepts our offer and the transfer can happen. James makes it known in the paper that he "is very keen to rise to the challenge of playing for such an illustrious club". Nice to see us mentionned as an illustrious club. *cough* butt kissing *cough* But it's all good. He also states that he wants to impress his new manager. I'm curious to see if that will translate well to on field performance. I'll report on that after a few games...

Achievement News
Mark Goodlad and Sol Davis are named on the League One Team of the Week. That's a second week in a row for Davis.

Transfer News
I finally respond to the Beckwith bid by Cheltenham. I up he offer to $60, from their initial offer of $44k. My rationale is that Beckwith was once valued at $65k, when he played a lot more in the middle of last season. Maybe they'll see it this way and will be willing to pony up some more. And if not, I get to keep Beckwith as my unexpensive backup keeper.

U18/Loan News
Peterborough wants 16yo Kevin Joyce on loan. I try a bit of craziness and say "Why not, but bring on the dough" as I ask a $500k fee for them to have him on loan for three months... hehe

Transfer News
While looking at the players on my shortlist, seeing Rowan Vine's name, I have an idea. Why not try something similar to what I did with the James/Valente trade. I offer Portsmouth $100k and Enoch Showunmi for the 1.5M valued Vine. They have him currenlty transfer listed with an asking price of 650k. I doubt they'll say yes, but who knows...

In other transfer news, Cheltenham withdraw their bid for keeper Rob Beckwith.

FM