View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 12:44 PM   #98
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Transfer News
Hereford's manager, Graham Turner, gives a "hands off" warning to teams interested in acquiring sweeper/defender Tony James. This comes after I've made my interest clear. Turner makes a big show of saying he won't be bullied into selling the 27yo sweeper, but I know better. Anything can be bought, and a conference team sometimes can't say no to some extra money in their coffer...

In some weird coincidence while looking at my reserve team roster, I see that Hereford is interested in striker Andrea Valente. Valente was valued at close to a million dollars at some point, but his value has since plummeted, mostly because he now only plays for my reserve team. He was getting somewhat good ratings, but with the flurry of striker buys I made last offseason, he got demoted to reserve play only and he doesn't figure in the long term plans of the team. I decide to try something and I offer Valente and $20k for Tony James to Hereford. That's worth a try, especially since I had signed Valente on a free transfer in the middle of the 2004-05 season

Achievement News
Five players of our team make the League One Team of the Week: Adam Chamber, Chris Coyne, Sol Davis, Steve Howard, and Bartosz Tarachulski. Five out of eleven isn't too shabby

Transfer news
The day after we'd made the offer, we hear from Hereford and the offer is accepted!!! We are now allowed to offer a contract to Tony James. He is asking $4800 per week. My assistant think that he'd become an active memeber of our first team and so I should offer him a contract around $3800 per week. I offer $3000 per week + $50 per appearance, based on the fact that he's currently earning $1550 per week. On a sidenote, Andrea Valente is currently earning $2800 for us, money that we would save on our wage bill with the trade.

In other transfer news, Cheltenham makes a bid for keeper Rob Beckwith. They are offering $44k + 30% of the next sale. They set a deadline of January 17 for a reply, I'll think about it.

Contract News
Michael Leary resigned with us, a one year deal that will pay him $700/week.

Enoch Showunmi is now unhappy. Show says he wants to commit his future to the club and feel he deserves an improved contract. Down from 6800/week, then to 4800/week, he's now asking 2800/week plus a signing fee of $12000. He's currently paid $1550 per week, and I think I will wait a bit longer before making him an offer...

Transfer News
In a strange twist, Tony James signs a new contract with Hereford. HOLY MOLY!!! But now that I think about it, I think I remember seeing that he was considering a contract offer from them. Sure enough now, when I look at his transfer screen, there's no indication of a bid from us. What the heck, I'll try it again. This time, Valente + $32k for James, +10% of next sale. I offer a bit more, since he just signed a contract with them, which could mean he's worth a bit more to them.

In the same day, the accept the offer! I get to offer a contract to James again. He's still asking for $4800 per week. This time, I offer him $3400, which is still better than his new contract, at $2200/wk.

Contract News
Show
is now asking only $2600 per week, still going down. I'll wait some more

FM