View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 11:58 AM   #97
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

January 6, 2006
away at Boston United (currently in 14th with 29pts, we have 42pts)
S: Hammond/Howard/Tarachulski
AMC: Bridge-Wilkinson
DMC: Chambers/Keane (with up arrows)
D: Davis/Coyne/Williams/Foley (fuul backs with up arrows)

Boston United seem to be having a nice season for a team that just promoted from League Two this season. They played a 4-4-2 with moderate forward play by the wingers. I see from a look at their roster that they'll have 4 injured players and 1 suspended one for our match.

10th minute: Marc Bridge-Wilkinson takes the ball just outside our penalty box, only to pass it to Elvis Hammond on the left side. Hammond then makes a beauty of a cross, over the head of a defender and right to the feet of Steve Howard, who's alone with the keeper. He scores his 15th goal of the season as we go up 1-0.

26th minute: Another great Hammond-Howard combination is the source of our second goal. This time, Howard heads the ball in, 2-0.

60th minute: PENALTY!!! Bartosz Tarachulski is pushed while trying to get a center from Matthew Blinkhorn. Steve Howard is our penalty guy, he nails it, IT'S A HAT TRICK!!! We're up 3-0.

63th minute: Mark Goodlad loses his clean sheet when he is unable to makes two saves in a row. They score on the rebound of the first shot. 3-1. We hold and that's the final score...

MoM: Steve Howard with 3 goals, 25 of 29 passes, 4 shots on goal on 8 shots, and a perfect ratings of 10.
Chris Coyne also had a great game, winnign 10 of 11 tackles, while 6 other players finish the game with ratings of 8.

We remain in 4th after the win.

When I look at our fixtures list, I see that our next match will be a very big one, as we'll be playing Sheffield Wednesday, on their pitch. They are currently on a 9 game winning streak...
Suspension News
Bartosz Tarachulski will be suspended for one match, after he picked up his 5th yellow card.

FM