View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 12:06 PM   #96
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Transfer News
I see that Brighton and Gillingham appear interested in Enoch Showunmi. Well, let's see if I can get them to bite to an offer so I offer him to a select few teams. I'm asking $500k and an extra $52k after 10 appearances for Show...

Achievement News
Right full back Kevin Foley and attacking midfielder Marc Bridge-Wilkinson are named on the League One Team of the Week. It's the first time ever for Foley and the first time for Bridge-Wilkinson as a Hatter. He was part of the team of the week 4 times when he was playing for Stockport.

Staff News
I sign Jon Lock to a cheap scout contract. Cheap as in only $280 a week. Lock is a little known scout with great skills at judging a player's ability (20) and potential (18). Immediately upon arrival, I send him on a scouting trip of England, looking for players between 15 and 25 years of age. We'll see what he can find.

Contract News
Keeper Rob Beckwith agrees to a 3 year deal that will pay him $600 per week. The deal will keep him with the club until June 20, 2009.

Injury News
Defender Matt Carbon resumes full training after missing a month of action. Seeing how well Sol Davis as played as his replacement at left full back, Carbon will probably be used more as a centreback when he's completely back to game shape.

Loan News
Dunstable offers to loan Michael Leary, but they only want to pay half of his $700 weekly wage. I make them a counter offer, in which they would pay 100% of his salary. Three days later, they withdraw their loan bid.

Transfer News
When I get a message from my scouts that 27yo sweeper/defender Tony James was about to be taken off my shortlist, I decide to take a look at his skills. I find him very interesting and I decide to declare my interest through the branches. The press is right on the case and start the buzz machine, even saying I would be ready to put in a bid valued at $240k, our current transfer budget. I'm not so sure I'd be ready to put that much, but I find it interesting. I'll see if the fans have anything to say against James. He is currently playing for Hereford in League Two and is valued at $160k.

FM