View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 10:14 AM   #90
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I was kind of worried we'd go down for a couple of weeks, just as I was getting into the meat of my mid season report, and all the contract negoiating that happen around December 31st... phew... I'm sure you are all as relieved as I am

Luton Town - Goals
Steve Howard14
Matthew Blinkhorn4
Elvis Hammond4
Mark Jones3
Lee Mansell3
Bartosz Tarachulski3
Bobby Wilde2
Steve Robinson2
Marc Bridge-Wilkinson2
8 others1

Steve Howard really is a goal scoring machine. He scored 17 all season long last year and he's already up to 13 this season. Interestingly enough, my three atatcking midfielders (Mansell, Jones, Bridge-Wilkinson) have combined for a total of 8 goals. I find it interesting since there's usually only one of them at once on the field, while there are three strikers...

Luton Town - Assists
Bartosz Tarachulski6
Richard Johnson4
Enoch Showunmi3
Matthew Blinkhorn3
Mark Jones3
Elvis Hammond3
Adam Chambers3
Keith Keane2
Lee Mansell2
Steve Howard2
Marc Bridge-Wilkinson2
6 others1

Bartosz is a great striker in that he can set up goals, or have them be set up for him and finish them with style... Richard Johnson really is an unsung hero of that first half of the season, as will become even clearer with the next two stats tables...

Luton Town - Form Ratings

(top 5 with min 10 app.)
Richard Johnson7.33
Steve Howard7.30
Keith Keane7.29
Sol Davis7.28
Adam Chambers7.21

As I just said, Johnson is a very valuable member of the club, an anchor in the middle of the defensive middie scheme that is the basis for both our attack and defense. Another one we don't always hear much about, but who's having a great season, is left full back Sol Davis. He's really stepped up his play when Matt Carbon went down with a month long injury...

Luton Town - Man of the Match awards
Richard Johnson4
Steve Howard3
Mark Goodlad3
Bartosz Tarachulski2
Matthew Blinkhorn1
Mark Jones1
Bobby Wilde1
Matt Carbon1
Elvis Hammond1
Adam Chambers1
Sol Davis1
Marc Bridge-Wilkinson1

Johnson again shines in the MoM nominations, but it's also good to see keeper Mark Goodlad being mentionned here too. He's certainly kept a few games closer than expected this season...

General Stats Comments

• We are averaging an attendance of 8205 so far this season, good for a 10th place in League One. Our stadium is a 9975 all seater, so we're filling at 82%.

• We currently have a 13 games without losing streak in league play, THAT is impressive...

• The team is second in Goals For, with 40, and 11th in Goals Conceded, with 26.

• Steve Howard is second in league goal scored, with 13, trailing the first goal scorer by only 1.

• Bartosz Tarachulski is 12th in assists.

• Richard Johnson's four Man of the Match awards give him 4th place for the most MoM awards in league play.

• Sol Davis is 12th in tackles per game, with an average of 4.47 tackles per game.

• Enoch Showunmi is 1st in driblles per game, with an average of 3.98 dribbles per game.

• Mark Goodlad has recorded 6 clean sheets in 20 starts, while Rob Beckwith has 3 in 8 starts.

FM
  • __________________
    A Black Belt is a White Belt who refused to give up...
    follow my story: The real life story of a running frog...

Last edited by FrogMan : 12-22-2004 at 11:04 AM.
    FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote