View Single Post
Old 12-21-2004, 08:11 AM   #85
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

December 26, 2005
home vs Stockport (currently in 13th, 5 points behind us)
S: Showunmi/Howard/Blinkhorn
AMC: Jones
DMC: Chambers/Robinson (both with up arrows)
D: Davis/Williams/Coyne/Keane (full backs with up arrows)
GK: Goodlad

With the week of rest since our last match, everybody is at 100%. I've taken an habit of playing both the defensive middies and full backs a little pushed up (up arrows) on home games, and this game is no exception. I see that Stockport played a 4-4-2 with moderate push from the wingers in their last game.

7th minute: Crazy, crazy goal as their defenders are trying to organize an attack, we put pressure on them, so much so, that one of their centrebacks turns around and passes it back to their keeper. Thing is, their keeper didn't look like he was expecting it, as he remains very deep in his goal, he turns around and IT'S AN OWN GOAL!!! Woah, I know it's Christmas time, but you don't have to give us nice presents like that! We'll take it anyway, up 1-0.

63th minute: Great long goal kick by Mark Goodlad that get only flicked forward by Steve Howard. Their keeper comes to the edge of the box and tries to clear it to with a short pass to his left but Matthew Blinkhorn, quick as a cat, pounces on the ball and scores on a 30 yard strike. We're up 2-0, they will never catch us.

It was a very defensive match, as you'll see from the number of shots taken, that was fought mostly in the middle section of the field. Followin the centreback to keeper fiasco, I'm kind of curious and take a look at their players ratings. Their keeper got a 5, while the centreback, who's also their captain, got a 4...

Final Score: Luton 2, Stockport 0
Shots (on target): Luton 3 (1), Stockport 2 (0)
MoM: Matthew Blinkhorn with a ratings of 7 and a goal.

We stay in 6th after the win.

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 12-21-2004 at 09:56 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote