View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 01:00 PM   #40
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quite well indeed.

Looking back at this thread one thing that strikes me is the coaching hire grades from the Sporting News - it's interesting to look back at those grades, especially the ones 2 years out now. That 'C' grade for Bobby Petrino at Louisville is looking a little low now. And it's still early, and I acknowledge that he inherited a mess, but I'm still skeptical on Mike Stoops and the 'A' grade they gave him. That being said, he's doing a bang-up job recruiting...

I'll be curious to see the coaching hires grade article this year. I'm getting more acclimated to Ty Willingham's hire at the UW, and while I still think we should've beaten the bushes more in the assistant ranks and smaller schools looking for the next Jeff Tedford/Bob Stoops/Urban Meyer/Bobby Petrino/Mark Richt, I think with the right staff he can be pretty successful at the UW. He's already making a big difference in recruiting (though that wasn't hard to do, given how comatose UW recruiting was this year with Gilby's job in question all season).
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote