View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 12:22 PM   #83
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Transfer News
Transmer say they are not interested in Howar. Something about it not being enough value for the price asked. I'm thinking they are keeping an eye on him for when his contract will become unprotected, i.e. when he'll have less than 6 months to go on his current contract.

December 19, 2005
away at Colchester (currently in 19th with 20 points, we have 30 points right now)
S: Tarachulski/Howard/Hammond
AMC: Jones
DM Chambers/Johnson (with up arrows)
D: Davis/Davies/Coyne/Foley (fuul backs with up arrows)
GK: Goodlad

While scouting them, I see that they last played a 4-4-2 formation very similar to the one Torquay played against us in our last game. Because of that, I decide to play the same formation we played against Torquay, even though we'll be on the road this time and I usually to play with forward arrows on the road.

However, as I get to the match, they show a 4-3-3 formation very similar to ours. Hmmm, that's a curveball... I don't change anything on my tactics, but I'll be on the lookout if we start on the wrong key...

56th minute: Mark Jones was having an off game, so I replace him with Marc Bridge-Wilkinson. It pays off quickly, as he completes a great play started by Adam Chambers and Steve Howard. We're up 1-0.

65th minute: Cool throw in from Sol Davis to Chambers, who quickly centers the ball to the 6 yard box, where it's headed in by a diving Howard. Nice goal! We're up 2-0 and this will be the final score...

Final Score: Luton 2, Colchester 0
Shots (on target): Luton 15 (6), Colchester 7 (4)
MoM: Sol Davis for the first time of the season, even thought he's averaging a 7.2 ratings. In this game, he got a ratings of 8, winning 10 of 12 tackles and intercepting 5 balls.

We also had 8 other players with ratings of 8! We're red hot right now and we move into 6th place following the win, tied with Huddersfield, beating them on what I assume would be the second tiebreaker (goald differential is a tie at +10 both, but we have more goals for, with 35, to 29 for them)

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 12-20-2004 at 12:23 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote