View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 12:03 PM   #82
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

December 13, 2005
home vs Chesterfield (8th place, 1 point ahead of us)

S: Showunmi/Tarachulski/D'Sane
AMC: Bridge-Wilkinson
DMC Chambers/Johnson (with up arrows)
D: Davis/Williams/Coyne/Keane (full backs with up arrows)

Back at home, I decide to take the same kind of tactics than the one use in our LDV Vans quarter final match against Millwall. That is, give the ball to the strikers, generate some attack. To do so, I play both the defensive middies and the full backs with forward arrows.

2nd minute: Enoch Showunmi steals the ball from their right full back and his quick center results in a scramble in the box. After two quick shots have been stopped by their keeper and a defender, Roscoe D'Sane finally converts for his first ever goal with Luton. We're up 1-0.

71st minute: Not much else has happened until their keeper fires a goal kick straight in the middle of our defensive zone. We let them operate at will and, with only their second shot of the game, the first on target, they tie it to 1-1.

79th minute: Mark Jones send a throw in to Bartosz Tarachulski, who takes the ball inside the box. His shot is stopped, but Showunmi is there to head in the rebound. We're back in command, 2-1. This will be the final score.

Final Score: Luton 2, Doncaster 1
Shots (on target): Luton 12 (5), Chesterfield 3 (1)
MoM: Chesterfield's goalkeeper Tony Caig who gets a well deserved ratings of 8. We bombarded him all game long.
HoM: Richard Johnson, with a ratings of 8. He completed 22 of 26 passes while also winning 5 of 5 tackles.

We move up to 7th place, only 2 points from 6th place!!!

FM