View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 09:48 AM   #75
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Contract News
Since we're getting close to the beginning of January, and I have a bunch of players that will drop to within 6 months of the end of their contract, I take a quick look at who I'd want to resign and who I want to offer around.

Seeing how he can be very hot, but also very cold, I offer Elvis Hammond around.

I Offer Chris Coyne 3600 per week, as per my Mick Harford's (my assistant manager) recommendation. Coyne Wants some big time first time player money, something like $5400 per week, a big jump from the $2400 he is currently earning. I just can't afford that. We'll see if he'S willing to go below his initial demands.

I offer Steve Howard around to other clubs. This pains me greatly as he a major goal scorer for the club (17 goals last season and 13 already this season), but when I go make him an offer, his agent tells me that Steve is not interested in renewing his contract with Luton Town right now. I was getting the same message last season, but I kept making offers, adding tiny bits of incentives here and there. He's now earning $5800 per week with good bonus for every goal he scores. I may just have to let him go after this season. This would be sad, but he's also 29, and doesn't have the greatest pace. He just seem to score goals, that's all

I also offer defender Russell Perrett around, for FREE. He was useful last season, when I had depth troubles, but he's been relegated to the reserve team this season, and I will definitely not renew his contract when it will be over.

I offer Steve Robinson a one year, $2200 per week contract with a $4000 signing fee. It's the exact same amount he's being paid right now. Robinson is a very valuable commodity, as he can play just about anywhere in the midfield.

FM