Old 03-05-2003, 12:17 AM   #131
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by DataKing
Luzon, The Phillipines

December 11th, 1941

18:30 Hours

Shouts of “Medic!” and “Man down!” are heard across the lines, mixed in with the cacophony of battle. Heavy fighting is reported across the line.

Zone 3
Much to Captain Blade6119’s dismay, he cannot get his 81mm mortars on the radio as his squad moves into position to lay more fire on the clearing. Just as his own 60mm’s begin laying down fire and death on the far side of the clearing, shouts of “Incoming!” are heard from the trees at the west and east edges of the clearing. Japanese mortar shells begin to fall, suppressing some of the units located there.

Hot on the heels of the bombardment, more and more Japanese infantry begin to pour out of the trees. Some manage to gain at least a temporary foothold on the far end of the clearing, and others work their way into the tree-line at the west end.

The enemy appears in greater strength on the edges of zone three as well. To the west, Lieutenant tucker342’s 1st Platoon is hit by Japanese infantry. Casualties are reported on both sides, and one of 1st Platoon’s squads is forced to retreat.

To the east, Lieutenant Katon’s 3rd Platoon reports further contact with the Japanese. Katon’s boys fight bravely, though, and hold their own against the advancing enemy, though not without cost.

Zone 3
The Japanese have thrown a couple of platoons at “The Clearing,” and have established a foothold, as well as pressuring the units on the west side of the clearing. The defenses have begun to show signs of wavering.

To the west of the clearing, Lieutenant tucker342’s 1st Platoon has taken a few casualties fighting off Japanese infantry, and have begun to give a little ground. Lieutenant Tasan’s 3rd Armored is right behind him though, in case things get bad.

To the east, Lieutenant Katon’s 3rd Platoon has been bloodied as well, but has fought off the enemy so far without budging an inch.

Semper Fi!

hmmm....well bu the sound of it alone it seems that the clearing has more troops than anywhere else, and my command squad is already deployed there. That mortar blasting into them would be a nice help ,but we have to make due with what we got. We must try to hold the line for a longer period of time, for we do have the crucial zone. it is the biggest, and also has two bordering zones.

Men: if our zone falls we will systematically bring about the defeat of this army, so we will not retreat until ordered to. Now i am very aware that they are comin on strong, so again...if you think you need to give some ground, do so(Qwiksoht, in your orders remeber you still have the machine gun crew). My command squad will await the decision of my 3 offivers before we decide where to move. If you believe a need for reinforcements befits your zone over Qwikshots, just say so. I will review it and respond. If one unit falls back, we need to have all 3 units fall back...flanking is a big facotor in this gamem and we cannot allow them to hit our sides as we will be wiped out. So here are my individual orders for what, in genreal(you take care of details), i want to be carried out.

Lieutenant tucker342: I might suggest a small fallback to your 1 retreating unit...if not, hold your ground, as reviewing the situation for the enitre army, i'm not to sure we will be sticking around too long. It still sounds like the clearing is the main objective of the enemy troops in our zone, so giving up your corresponding spot would surley doom the center and right flanks.

Lieutenant Qwikshot: The only orderes i have for you are to kill as many as you can before falling back......we will eventually give them the center, but make them pay dearly for it. My squad will help you until futher notice, and deploy them how you see fit unless otherwise noted. When it gets to the point where you feel the fall back is required, you jave my support...but with make sure the machine gunners give em a going away present .

Lieutenant Katon: You look to be faring the best right now...you have oushed back the enemy, but more will come....dig in for now, but if the rest of the company falls back, do notI leave compromise your flanks trying to hold...If you feel no pressure from the enemy, a move to support would be nice, but could also expose a hole between us and zone 4....i would prefer a strong defensive stand here, possible delaying any japanese advance.

Please respond with any comments on my tactics, for i value all of your insight. The orders are pending, as change is more than likely based on our current situation.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote