Hattrick Moderator

November 23, 2005
away at Peterborough (FA Cup round 1)

S: D'Sane/Howard/Hammond
AMC: Jones
DMC: Wilder/Chambers
D: Davis/Williams/Coyne/Foley
GK: Beckwith

I keep the same tactics as the match before (AMC very forward, arrows up for DMC, no arrows for DL/DR), but I need to shuffle a few players among the starters because of some injuries (Blinkhorn and Tarachulski) and the fact that we have many games in few days, for a few weeks...

The game was only 71 seconds old when they pumped a long ball down the left side, only to center and score a very quick goal. Everybody on our side was napping on that one and they all seem to have almost already given up, as they all show form ratings of 5, only a few minutes into the game. Darn guys, COME ON!!!

In the 55th minute, a beautiful combination play between Elvis Hammond and Steve Howard leads to a goal by Howard, but it's disallowed. They say Howard was offside...

The game goes without us ever imposing our rythm. We play loosely and because of that, they always seem to have control of the ball, or be able to take away from us when we have it.

Elvis Hammond is taken out of the game in the 67th minute, for sheer bad play. His form ratings is a stupendous 4, something that had not happen to a player from the first squad yet this season.

We just can't convert any of our chances and we lose the match 0-1. For some reason, I'm very unhappy with the loss, even though it was very close, based on all statistics, and the fact we had control of the ball 52% of the time. I guess I just hate losing...

Final Score: Luton 0, Perterborough 1
Shots (on target): Luton 9 (6), Oldham 8 (3)
MoM: Peterborough's Jai DeMerit with a ratings of 8
HoM: Kevin Foley with a ratings of 7, although I was very tempted to not give this award to anybody, since nobody really stood out. Still Foley completed 25 of 31 passes and won 10 of 11 headers...

Steve Howard comes out of this game with a sprained wrist and will be out for 1 week, which means he could miss as much as two matches...

FM