View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004, 11:20 AM   #3
revrew
Team Chaplain

Further work behind the scenes:

As this is a simulation of high school, I will attempt to simulate the high school—and not the pro—game, although we will employ a more significant passing game than most small Iowa high schools, who seem inordinately stuck in running mode. This means special teams will play less of a role, and I will build the game plan around the players we have.

The first step is to purge the team of older players (done progressively from 2017-2019) so I can start the dynasty narrative with the draft in 2020. This draft class will be our "freshman" class for 2020. At the beginning, I will also give a breakdown of the key upperclassmen left over from seasons 2017-2019.

Clearly, priority #1 is to obtain both a coach and scout who are highly rated in "Young Talent". I will begin that search in 2017, waiting for the right guys to come along. As mentioned earlier, money is no object.

Some of the details given in the Challenge narrative will be extrapolated, a fictitious rendering of the players' actual green and red bars, much the way the ZFL attributed fictitious personality to players who are represented only by numbers in a mathematical formula. This element, I believe, helps make a readable dynasty.

Without further ado, our first prospects for year #1 of the reborn Mar-Mac Spartans…
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote