View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 10:16 PM   #29
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

FA Cup news
The draw for round 1 of the FA cup is done and we will play Petersborough, a League Two team, on November 16th. For a moment, I start to freak out a bit, since many of my players will be away on international duty....

End of the month News
For some reason, the end of the month had not arrived, contrary to what I mentionned in a previous. I guess I had simply anticipated the pleasedness of the team board Nevertheless, they are really pleased with my work

Achievement News
With the end of the month comes the many league awards, and for the first time in my career, a Hatter receives a monthly award. Mark Jones is named the Young Player of the Month for League One. WOW!!! That 180k fee paid in the offseason is looking better and better every day...

November 1st, 2005
LDV Vans Trophy South, 2nd round
home vs Forest Green (currently 15th in Conference National)
I need some help about the odds for this game. We are favorite at 1-8, while Forest Green are favorite at 12-1. Does this mean that someone has to bet $8 to win $1 if we win?? Anyway, I've started taking notes of my starting lineups, so it will probably help the whole team become a bit more "alive" as you'll see the names a bit more...
S: Showunmi - Howard - Blinkhorn
AM: Mansell
DM: Wilde - Chambers
D: Davis - Williams - Davies - Foley
GK: Beckwith
Since it's a game that looks a bit easier than our usual league games, and we'll have a good stretch of game coming, I decide to sit a few regular and play some players who don't often see the field. That includes striker Enoch Showunmi, defensive middie Bobby Wilde, and centreback Curtis Davies. The game starts and not even 2 minutes had been played that Kevin Foley does it all, a throw in, picked up the loose ball that followed it, then centered it to Showunmi who pushed it to Mansell who strikes a very precise shot for the 1-0 goal. Int the 37th minute, they are forced to finish the game with only 10 players after one of theirs had received a red card. As if it wasn't tough enough for a conference team to play a League One team on our pitch... Showunmi again contributed to the second goal of the Hatters, a diving header by Steve Howard.
Final Score: Luton 2, Forest Green 0
Shots (on target): Luton 12 (6), Chester City 1 (1)
MoM: Steve Howard with a ratings of 8

We re through to the quarter final...

FM