View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 06:33 PM   #19
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Froggy, I tried a variation of your more defensive tactic and it worked wonders. I was getting slaughtered in away games with the 4-3-3 I was using. I did adjust some arrows on your tactic, taking the up ones off the fullbacks and MC. I also added arrows to the side for my DMs. I made these adjustments when I was really getting pushed hard on the wings early on in the game. As you noted, the DCs seemed to do a real good job of clearing the line.

You'd think that would result in lots of attacks down the middle and it did, but all the attacks seemed to result in long shots which are fine to me. Net result 3-0 victory when I was heavily the underdog! Thanks for the idea Froggy.

wow, pretty cool. Glad to see my own little tactic could inspire you

Got two questions though: where has the ribbit.jpg gone? I thought it was cool to see the tactic in a graphical presentation. I have saved it and could host it if you are okay with me presenting it here. I may very well use some of these ideas on my team.

Second: were you using a 4-3-3 before I mentioned it? I was getting the feeling that not many people a 4-3-3, and it was sort of why I liked it

About the long shots thing. I used to get that, many, many long shots tried, and since my strikers are not that effective on a long range, it resulted in me having like 20 shots, but only 2 on target. What I did is put the two outside strikers on the "rarely" setting for their tendency to fire long shots. I still get many chances, but they tend to be better ones...

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 12-15-2004 at 06:34 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote