View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 09:05 AM   #9
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Scouting/Transfer News
After the game, I get some new from my scout whom I'd asked to have a look at Gavin Mahon of Watford. Mahon was saying that he felt he had achieved everything he could at his current club. I thought maybe now was the time to try and sign the sweeper/defensive midfielder. My scout says Mahon would definitely move into the starting lineup and would be a useful addition to my team. Even if my bid for Bridge-Wilkinson goes through, I'd still have 240k left in my transfer budget. I decide to bid 180k for Wahon, despite his value being set at 200k.

Transfer News
The bid for Bridge-Wilkinson has been accepted! We now have to agree on terms for a contract. We make hims an offer for first team money, so around $5400 a week, and he accepts! This is all nice and good, but with it, we just pushed the wage bil upward, and we're now 6k over our budget limit and the team board isn't all that happy about it. I'll have to see where I can skim some...

October 22, 2005
home vs Watford (currently in 3rd)
This is our third match in seven days, and my starting eleven is not at 100%. More than that, it's another toughie,as we take on the 3rd placed Watford. I shuffle my strikers a little, but decided to leave Steve Howard as a started, despite him being at around 91% condition when comes gametime. I'll see if I need to sub him out in the second half. Bridge-Wilkinson doesn't get to team in time, so I play Mark Jones despite him also having low condition at the start of the game. I'll have Lee Mansell ready to take over if he gets too tired. I had not scouted them too much before the game, but as soon as I see the game preview and see their 3-5-2 lineup, with the 5 middies on a straight line accross the field, I decide to change my team tactics and ask my players to play with a little longer style of passing. I'm hoping that we can pump balls over the heads of their middies and don't want to play a short passing game, especially in the middle where it would basivally be my two DMC against their 5 middies... The game starts fast, and while we are not having many scoring chances at first, one scuffle in Watford's penalty box results in Steve Howard being awarded a penalty. With his great penalty kick skills, he quick cannons a bullet through the keeper and we're up 1-0 after only 7 minutes. A freakish deflection off of Kevin Foley results in the tying goal. I say freakish, since I rally had to watch the slowmo replay and read the commentary to realize why my keeper Mark Goodlad had jumped to the left while the ball had come in to his right... 1-1 was the score then, it will remains that way... We had a much better second half, creating many more scoring chances compared to the first half.
Final Score: Luton 1, Watford 1
Shots (on target): Luton 11 (6), Watford 15 (5)
MoM: Steve Howard with a ratings of 8

We move down slightly, to 11th place.

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 12-15-2004 at 09:06 AM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote