View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 09:04 AM   #8
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I'm not too sure how I'll go with the reporting of my match results and other news, since my computer doesn't seem to like me having anything more than FM2005 opened at once. What I did yesterday is take notes when when the game was going on, without even noting who was in the starting lineup. I realized that afterward, but I'm still unsure if I will even report that or not, will depend on my mood I guess. Sometimes I'm just too anxious to get there and play the darn game For today, I took notes as events happened and I'm writing this here on notepad during coffe breaks (and I'll keep going over lunch break)...

I'll also try and report general team news (transfer news, international call ups, achievements, awards, board confidence updates) as they happen.

Transfer News
In my last playing session, I had made an offer to buy AMC Marc Bridge-Wilkinson, can't remember his former team though. We could say that Bridge-Wilkinson is an old friend of mine, as I had signed him before in my CM4 career, and he used to give me great games. After both Mark Jones *AND* Lee Mansell went down with injuries a couple of weeks ago, I thought I needed to get some more depth, and with some 500k in my transfer budget, why not even improve the position. Bridge-Wilkinson had a value of 260k, and that's the bid I made. At this point, still waiting on an answer...

October 19, 2005
home vs Walsall (currently in 4th)
Well, my stretch of tough games keeps on going, when we host Walsall, currently in 4th position. I go in with my "A" version of the 4-3-3 in this game, starting Mark Jones at AMC, and what a decision that was. Jones goes on to score two goals, his first two with Luton. First one was a nice combination play, one-two style between him and Matthew Blinkhorn. The second one was all Keith Keane pumping a high, long ball to create a great counter attack and Jones taking it home from there. The rest of the game, we controlled the ball very effectively, holding a clear advantage with 56% possession.
Final Score: Luton 2, Walsall 0
Shots (on target): Luton 15 (7), Walsall 8 (2)
MoM: Mark Jones with a ratings of 10, the first Hatter with a 10 in a looooong time

We move up to 10th place with the win.

FM