View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 08:19 PM   #4
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

MIDFIELDERS
Richard Johnson, starting defensive midfielder (DM C, 31yo, $28k)
Another offseason acquisition, the anchor of our midfield. Is currently injured for a few weeks, so we'll need one of the young kids to step up.

Adam Chambers, defensive midfielder on rotation (D/DM RC, 24yo, $48k)
Recently acquired on a free transfer after West Brom decided to let him loose. Has played some good game for us and should keep on growing with the team.

Keith Keane, defensive midfielder on rotation (D/DM RC, 18yo, $1.4M)
An original Hatter, also a member of Ireland's U21 squad and has taken the field with Kevin Foley a couple of times lately, doing well. Doubles up as a backup to Foley whenever it is needed. Has a lot of potential and could be a star for the team for many seasons.

Bobby Wilde, backup defensive midfielder (DM LC, 24yo, $44k)
Acquired on a free transfer in the middle of the 04-05 season. A weird player with amazing corner kick skills, great crossing skills, but about nothing in terms of marking, passing, or heading skills. Even weirder is that he performed so well last season that he was a regular fix in our midfield, often getting form ratings of 8. I guess his great work ethic and teamwork skills help him in the midfield

Lee Mansell, attacking midfielder on rotation (AM C, 22yo, $52k)
Another original Hatter. Fairly young, he was stable enough last season to earn most of the starts at the AMC position, feeding the strikers with quality balls on a regular basis. Has not been as steady this season, we will have to keep an eye on him.

Mark Jones, attacking midfielder on rotation (AM C, 21yo, $56k)
Acquired as part of a "live and learn" mistake where I offered him a contract, to be effective at the end of his current contract, but he was not eligible to a Bosman transfer. Oops. Had to pay 180k in compensation while his value was only 18k on his former team. The good thing is that his value has since soared to 56k. Is often getting better ratings than Mansell, but also seem to get tired a bit faster.

James Pinnock, backup attacking midfielder/striker (F C, 27yo, $56k)
Another one of them offseason acquisition, he's a forward playing mostly as an AMC, but he spends more time on the reserves team that the main one.

Steve Robinson, backup midfielder (M RC, 30yo, $20k)
An original Hatter. Has been hurt for the last 2 months, and is just getting back to training, so I have a hard time evaluating where he stands. He played mostly AMC last season, but with the recent injury to Johnson, he may be called to play some DMC too...

And next, the strikers...

FM