View Single Post
Old 03-01-2003, 10:18 PM   #39
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Excellent stuff all-around boys. You guys are taking to this just like...well...like Marines.

I believe I have a few questions to answer...

Icjjdnh: I don't think the game supports screenshots, so a map may prove difficult. I'll horse around with it, though. If I can figure something out, I'll be sure to post a map for you all.

Katon: Since I you got your request in before the battle has started, finding a spot for you should be no problem. Do you have any specific company in mind? We have openings in Infantry A (ardent enthusiast), Infantry B (RainRaven), and Infantry C (Blade6119).

Coffee Warlord: sachmo has it right, the missions are totally random. The "World War II Campaign" option is what I am running. The computer generates random battles, so you won't be spoiling yourself with anything by playing.

Blade6119: Supporting Coffee Warlord if The Meat Grinder is getting hit hard is certainly possible. You'll just need to let me know how you want to accomplish it, should it come up. We aren't locked into specific fortified positions. In fact, we don't have time for any fortifications other than foxholes.

jfbbis: I wouldn't worry about ammunition too much. The Stuart carries a good amount (mostly because of the small caliber of the 37mm). The infantry will probably run out of ammo before you armored boys do. And like sachmo says, we've got a couple of ammo trucks available if it becomes necessary.

Qwikshot: You're dealing mostly with flat wooded ground, with a couple of small raised points to use, but not much. Also, the visibility is so poor that you are unlikely to be able to see platoons other than your own, no matter where you station yourself.

Also, regarding the MGs. We'll deploy one of them in the center of your unit, with the other two at the edges, so they are in position to support your neighbors if necessary and possible.

It looks like all of our company commanders, and some of our lieutenants have now given their orders. In the interest of moving things along, I will now handle deployment. I will check back here before the first turn, however.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote