View Single Post
Old 02-28-2003, 06:35 PM   #48
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Kodos: Yeah, that interview was tricky. They are catching on to us; I am not sure how much time we may have left. We’ll need at least one more year, but with ESPN on our tail, I’m not sure if we’ll get it. They are nosey little devils.

Kekkonen, Vaj: Yeah, I can see your points. If we get another year, maybe I could make it a point to seek out the worst set of stats I can find for a new QB? What could we call it? The Ryan Leaf Scholarship? The Quincy Carter Scholarship? But do consider that Schwartz is just raw talent. We can make him much better with our practice regimen! I think also that part of the problem with the interceptions may be that he can’t throw the ball far enough for anyone to catch it. With improved arm strength we should be able to increase those interceptions dramatically!

Aubie: Arigatou gozaimashita! Nihon no doko ni sundeimasu ka? Boku wa sannenhan gurai Kyoto ni sudeite, Nihon no koto ga kekkou suki desu. Aubie-san mo tomodachi mo kono hanashi ga suki de, watashi wa ureshii desu! Notre Dame, ganbare!!!

Gemmel: Glad you like it! As always, a lot of things has to go right for things to turn out well. I think the 9 players out with academic problems, the large senior class that graduated, the lack of a quarterback or running back, and the reduced practice time have got to be the main factors. We also have had, and keep getting, key injuries to help us along. These injuries have a bigger hit on our play this year because the bench is now laden with “my guys”. But I too am surprised at how quickly we have been able to reach the level of play we have long aspired to. I really thought our lines were good enough to win us a chunk of games, and we have scattered talent at a lot of other positions. Be interesting to see how we do today, against #124 Central Florida…
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote