View Single Post
Old 02-28-2003, 06:31 PM   #41
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Week 11
We’ve landed another fine recruit today! Please welcome the Notre Dame quarterback of the future, Mr. Herb Scwartz from Lee HS in Baytown, Texas. Just check out these high school stats:

Through 9 games, passing: 40-129 (31%), 266 yards, 2.06yd/att, 0 TD’s, 3 interceptions.

Or how about running: 143 carries, 408 yards, 2.85 yd/att., 3 TD’s.

Don’t anyone tell me I don’t know talent when I see it!

Elsewhere, our two Rudy Scholarship Candidates for this year have decided to visit the campus! This year’s competition could go down to the wire!

The Game
Well, regardless of whether we reach #125 or not, we can take some satisfaction that Notre Dame is a 2-point underdog to Troy State. Yes. I repeat. Notre Dame is a 2-point underdog to Troy State. Depressed with work? Say that five times, nice and slow, letting the vowels roll over your tongue. Just can’t help feel better, can you now?

Let’s get it on!!! Going for three in a row!

The Result
This is getting so very sweet: Troy State 45, Notre Dame 3! We got crushed. Simply put, we are clicking on all cylinders. Every aspect of our game is just awful. Some of the highlight performers: Barnes (8-24, 95 yards, 2 ints), WR Linville (3 catches, 2 fumbles), RB Gray (46 yards). This juggernaut of defeat that is Notre Dame just keeps rolling along.

Today's game ball goes to a consistent performer who has played a key role in our remarkable turnaround this year. Punter Hendrick has regularly given opponents a short field to work with, and today was no exception. Punting 8 times for a 28-yard average, Hendrick made Troy State’s job 15 yards easier on every scoring drive. So here you are, Heddy, the Alf Game Ball!!!

Once again perfection eluded us though. I refer to the 3 points we got. Jr. DE Bryan John gets the blame for this one. It was his block of a Troy State punt that set us up with good field position deep in Troy State territory. Close enough that even K Cohen couldn’t miss. Bad John. For that blockhead move, John gets a Corn in the Poop Distinction. For punishment, John will be locked in his dorm room and forced to repeatedly watch the tape of the Dallas-Washington Monday night football game from a couple of weeks ago. Ew! Too harsh? Sorry. I’m pissed. Afterall, this is not a game; this is football.

Record 2-5! Rank #87!!!

Well, three losses in a row against cruddy teams has our team on a delicious downward dive! But we’ll need all the momentum we can get, for tomorrow Notre Dame football takes on our biggest challenge yet, #124 (1-8) Central Florida! See you then, as the “Set-up Season” continues! GO IRISH!!! Yee-haw!!!
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote