View Single Post
Old 02-28-2003, 06:29 PM   #39
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Week 9
Maybe I’m jumping the gun here, but I am already looking towards next year a bit, and one thing that I noticed on our roster is that there are still going to be over 10 solid players. This could present problems, but I guess there is nothing we can do now about it. We can get two of them with position changes, and maybe, if we do the fool the AI thingie right, we can get them to start ahead of two other good players, but that still leaves more than a half dozen solid players on the team. No idea if that is too many. Oh, well, time will tell. That is, if we don’t get fired at the end of this year.

Recruiting
Our two idolater defensive ends jump on board and we have the beginnings of another phenomenal recruiting class.

The Game
#97 South Florida comes to South Bend. Fresh off our clutch defeat last week, I am hoping we don’t get too complacent. We are 8-point favorites. Let’s go team!

The Result
The beat goes on! South Florida 51, Notre Dame 7!!!!! Yowza! We continue to exceed expectations. Today was simply the best performance to date for our team. We worked like clockwork. Totally ineffective on offense, our punter Mr. Hendrick would then boom a 20-yard kick that would give South Florida the ball on our 40-yard line. From there they had only a short march for points, which they managed to do repeatedly in the first half. But the star of the show was our QB, Mr. Barnes. Barnes (4-16, 26 yards, 0 TD’s, 1 int) was so bad that the AI pulled him right at the start of the 3rd quarter. And Barnes managed to take us out of the game almost immediately; on our first play from scrimmage he tossed an interception to give South Florida the ball on our 10-yard line. Game Ball, you query? Why of course! Mr. Barnes is the clear choice for the Kodos Gatesville Game Ball! Way to go Barnesy! The Kekkonen Corn in the Poop distinction, given to the player that screws up a perfect game by doing something stupid, goes to RB Percy Anderson (switched from LB because of roster problems). Anderson’s 46-yard TD run in the second half was the only respectable offensive play we had all day, and unfortunately it ruined our perfect score. Bad Percy. For punishment, Percy will be locked in a closet for one week with nothing except the Notre Dame cheerleaders yearbook. I know! This may be too cruel, but we must crank things up a notch if we are going to be the best.

Record 2-4 Rank #72!

Well, it’s been another fine day here on the South Bend campus. It could be just me, but the birds seem to be singing just a bit more beautifully these days. Thanks again for tuning in. We’ll see you tomorrow for our road trip to #87 Troy State. Notre Dame losing to Troy State? Could this be? It just goes to show you where you can go in life if you dream big! Visualize and it will be yours! Go Irish!!! Yee-haw!!!
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote