View Single Post
Old 02-28-2003, 06:27 PM   #35
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Revrew, Kodos, Digamma, Rob, Kekkonen, Airhog: Yes, it was definitely our high point so far, I will have to say! I only wish that you could have all watched in playout in realtime like I got to. I can't tell you how Pumped I was when the score was 59-0 at the HALF, and we had only one first down!!!! My cat, Kiki, thought I was a going insane, and I'm pretty sure my marriage would have been over if my wife had seen me dancing in front of the computer. Yes, it was a joyous day to remember. Especially coming after the horror that was last year.

Kekkonen, Robb: For me, that late FG was a real bummer, I have to admit. Especially when for a while I was hoping that we would have no first downs for the day--perhaps the football equivalent of a perfect game? But I do agree we need to give the myrmidon Notre Dame fans something to show up for, and that FG would probably be enough for them to claim that Notre Dame should be #1 in the rankings. "Hey, why isn't Notre Dame #1? We got a field goal against Michigan." But I don't blame Cohen for the points. The culprit in this case takes us back in time to the 2001 Coach's Choice Position Change Player: Butch Landdeck. Remember him? The guy who kept mysteriously spraining his wrist after being made into a linebacker from QB? Well, it was him, damn him, that fell on a Michigan fumble in their territory that gave us the ball that set up the FG. So the "Corn in the Poop" Award would have to go to that loser, not Cohen who, judging by his kicking this year, is blind and kicks in random directions.

But we dally in the past. The present is our only weapon to deal with the future, and if we mess with the past too much we miss the present and screw up the future.

Huh? What could have been in that Raisin Bran I just ate?

Let's try English now: Our job is not done by any means, and as Airhog and digamma point out, there are still perils aplenty ahead...
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote