View Single Post
Old 02-27-2003, 07:09 PM   #76
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Week 14
We get acceptance notices from three more recruits and turn down a scholarship request, but these are mere distractions right now. Our team’s energy is focused on the big game. We spend all week practicing how to fumble, I accidently flush all the stickum down the toilet, and I have the trainer order all the team underwear to remain unwashed. We'll need all the crusty edges we can get...

The Game
This is it. 8-2 Boston College in Boston. They are ranked #19. Finally a respectable opponent. Let’s hope we can rise to the occasion and lose…

The Result
Early in the game hope toyed with us. Up 3-0, QB Goodwin goes down for the rest of the season with a herniated disk! Oh joy! But fickle fate foiled us again, as backup sophomore QB Marty Briggs comes on, goes bonkers, and throws four TD passes—three of them to WR Loendorf. RB Wolfe managed to amass only 77 on the ground, but Briggs arm was too much for BC to handle. By the time the dust cleared at the end of the first half, we led 31-0 and the game was effectively over. Final score Notre Dame 41, Boston College 13. Sigh. It is simply not our year.

But…

We get somewhat of a break thanks to the gods of college football rankings! Despite crushing #19 BC, we actually lose ground in the rankings! Yahoo! We are now ranked #7! At least we will avoid the ignominy of winning the national championship. Perhaps the fates do shine on us?

Record 10-1. Rank #7

Back with more tomorrow! From now on, I am going to try to do this in frequent, little chunks. Just like poop, eh?

See you tomorrow, when Notre Dame goes to its second consecutive bowl game, we introduce the recruiting class of 2002, and Marmel's Yankees get eliminated! It should be a promising day! Sleep tight!
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote