View Single Post
Old 02-27-2003, 06:59 PM   #59
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this.

The horrible stuff that has happened in the past week and the continued talk of future violence wiped out the appeal of this thread. Taking joy in crushing a college program and trying to hurt players, even imaginary digital programs with imaginary digital players, just didn't seem either appropriate or funny this past week. Not only that, but I had no desire to play the game or have fun last week, especially play a game in which I was trying to destroy something. For some bizarre reason, the only way I can describe it to you is to say that I would have felt guilty.

Although I am sure that most everyone understand that the satirlcal tone I take towards Notre Dame and the reveling in player injuries is done simply as a warped attempt at entertainment and humor, I did want to let people know that I would never actually wish pain and suffering on people. Rereading my sentence "Let's have a cheer for humans in pain" gave me a nauseous, twisted feeling a couple of days ago, and didn't strike me as even remotely funny, let alone appropriate given the events in New York and elsewhere.

Please understand that I would not feel any joy at seeing a real Notre Dame player hurt, nor do I feel anything but shock and sadness at what happened last week on the east coast. I deeply hope that we will be able to justly resolve the issues now facing the world, and if possible resolve them without hurting innocent people, be they Afghani, American, or even avid Notre Dame fans (sorry, couldn't help it).

Having said that, I think most people understand all this, and I am starting to feel like it would be ok to start up this thread again and also starting to feel like it would be fun to continue on.

If you feel it would be best to hold off on continuing, or that it would be inappropriate to continue now, please let me know, either by posting here or by private message. If people would like me to continue and feel it's ok, I will most likely post something during or shortly before the weekend.

Thanks for understanding.

GB
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote