View Single Post
Old 02-27-2003, 06:55 PM   #53
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Week 13
Whoa! Lots of email. We get some more rich talent for next year. And, we get three walkons looking for scholarships. Ha! I don’t think so. These guys have respectable ratings. I don’t want them messing up the system. Lastly, we get word that 7 players are in danger of failing a class. He he. Although this is our darkest hour, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

And check this out! Still 57 players with a low grade in the D’s. Oh boy, this is gonna be fun next year. Maybe ten academic ineligibles? That would put a dent in things. And low and behold, Brock Gray continues to shine academically, with a low grade of a C! His mommy will be so proud.

We arrange for tutors for our freshmen, as we want them fit as a fiddle for next year, and get ready for this week’s game.

Game
Pregame
Oh, this should be a challenge. 1-9 Central Florida. At least it’s an away game so the faithful can’t see it all play out. We roll the dice again, but don’t hold your breath. We are 29-point favorites.

The result
The positives? Um. We tied the second half 7-7. This is a good thing. Um. Our backups aren’t good. This too is a good thing. Unfortunately, there was a first half and our starters are good. Final score: Notre Dame 48, Central Florida 7.

Record 9-1. Rank 6.

This is getting scary, people. We are now ranked #6 in the country, with one game left against #19 Boston College! With a win there, could we rise to #2 to play for the national championship? This would be a disastrous thing! For I am sure if we win it all we would be fired for a lesser year the following year. This is getting so very dangerous. We need a special prayer from all our fans this weekend. Go deface a Notre Dame jersey or watch the highlights of the Nebraska game over and over. Generate positive waves. Stick all your favorite good luck charms to you fridge. This team will need to reach down deep to find some way to lose this next game, and we will need help from all of you rooting for us at home. Repeat after me our new mantra: Lou Holtz, Lou Holtz, Lou Holtz…

We’ll be back sooner than you know it for the dramatic conclusion to the 2002 season! Oh, I can hardly bear the tension! I'll be tossing and turning all night long!
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote