View Single Post
Old 02-27-2003, 06:24 PM   #14
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Kekkonen:

My vote goes to an outside candidate, RB Keith Hendrick. This is why: you can't suck real bad this year, so don't get greedy. Don't worry if Eggers gets to start at QB -- he's not a real star yet. He may be next year, which is the perfect time to introduce him to the secrets of placekicking (assuming you can't make him an offensive lineman). Your #1 RB is a stud, but he's gone next year. Hendrick has 3 years of eligibility left, and will come back to haunt you unless you turn him into a punter or something equally valuable (I was looking at your DT material... if you can make Henrdick a DT, he should be an immediate contributor there -- especially if he's a real small git). Plus, there is an outside chance that your real stud RB Wolfe will get hurt, and by nixing Hendrick, your backup will be a lot less competent. Even that won't lead you down to Brock Gray quite yet, but it'll help.

Oh yeah, and Notre Dame is ... wait. I can't think of anything more derogatory than "Notre Dame". Will that do?
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote