View Single Post
Old 09-30-2004, 10:18 AM   #18
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Using the interface, I can not see the Japanese Sigint, but we can see from above that it is not very informative.

Since I have turned over CBI/Russia to the AI, most of the SIgInt from this day is not of much use. The Ops Report, which is used in day may be of more use.

"B-25J Mitchell sighting report: 1 Japanese ship at 50,43 , Speed 3 , Moving Southeast "

Could tell me many things. Locating 50,43 on the map, I could figure an area where this ship would be. From the speed, I might guess this is a cripple.

Of course, the B-25 might not have seen 25 other ships in the task force, or that it is a main force moving slowly to conserve fuel. When a ship is not identified by name, it may not be right. FOr instance, the Japanses may see a CA as a DD or a CVE as a CV.

There is also a weapon database that can be referenced. If I see a force that includes the DD Akatami, I can look the ship up to see what the optimal capabilites of the ship are. This may be important with some classes, such as CVs or BBs. For a human Japanese player, this information can be crutial, since older US ship classes pale next to more modern ones.

Information on the Combat report can be valuable in a number of ways, the first one is it allows you to guess the optimal altitude for your CAP. Numbers on the Combat report should be viewed with caution, since it is flawed.

The Ops report and Combat Reports are summaries of the previous turn. You get all that information as it happens on screen.