View Single Post
Old 09-30-2004, 01:17 AM   #1
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Running to the Hall

Los Angeles, California 2023

As I sat in the white convertible riding through downtown LA I couldn’t help but think what a crazy decade it has been. And yet here I am, once again at the top celebrating my 3rd Super Bowl victory in the past 6 years. Everyone thought that I was a fool when I moved the team up from San Diego, especially considering we had won two championships. But it just seamed that the people of San Diego didn’t care about us back then. In spite of being perennial contenders we just couldn’t sell out, and when the voters refused to even upgrade our current stadium, I knew it was time to move the team to some place that we would be appreciated. Ten years later and LA is considered the best football town in the nation. We regularly sell out all of our games and the fans love seeing a team that has been to the playoffs nine out of the past ten seasons. This year we pulled in a tidy profit of $39 million as well. Our QB, Moe Swift had one of the best season for a QB in history, completing 370 of 556 passes (66.5%) for 5035 yards (a league record) and 37 TD. Moe has already thrown 295 TDs in his career, and he has only played 9 seasons. In addition, our stud WR Jesse Manusky set a new record this past season by amassing 2077 yards receiving in a single season, while at the same time surpassing the career receiving TD mark with 108. But these achievements sadden me because I know that theses players have many greats seasons left in them, and I will not be with the Chargers for the conclusion of their careers. I know that there is nothing left for me to prove here, and it is time for me to move on. While I have enjoyed watching my players excel, the job has grown too easy. I need a challenge. I need to bring a team from the bottom to the top of the league. So after the Super Bowl I contacted the Atlanta Falcons and offered my services as their GM.

stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote