View Single Post
Old 09-28-2004, 01:25 PM   #8
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Something I am not clear on:

The war in the pacific is a bit triangle shaped, with the Central operating on one edge as they move to the Marianas, then Iwo, then Okinawa.

SW has the outer edge of New Guinea, the DEI, then the Phillipines.

South in the middle kind of runs out of room after the solomons and the south pacific islands.

SoI am not sure what I am supposed to do here. I could transfer bases and areas of operation from the Central and the SouthWest so that South ends up controlling NG, The Solomons, The Bismarks, The GIlberts, and the Marshalls. But this will cost a number of polical points.

If I do this, South will still control far too many ground and air assets. I could transfer the assets to SW and Central. Not sure if there are enough PPs to tranfer bases and assets. I could just let the south control what it does, and transfer assets away, but this seems like a waste of a command.

Since I plan to be active in the DEI, I could limit the SW to NG and the DEI and have South move up to the Phillipines. SW has far too many assets and would need to give some of those to South, especially aircraft.

Not sure what to do yet, but I need to decide soon, so I can begin training the Allied forces for future operations.