View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 02:53 PM   #284
QuikSand
lolzcat

Cool - we are still the only school pursuing DT Allen Castillo. I like him a good deal, and it would be awfully nice to bring down a solid run-stopping DT prospect, even if he'd have to redshirt before being ready to play (an unknown). I'd like to follow up with him - a couple calls, at least, over the next couple of weeks.

I think we are a longshot to land Ansell, but Feliciano might not be impossible. Ohio State is the gorilla in the hunt so far, but they don't have an offer in -- we do. I fully expect Feliciano will attract extra attention in the next couple of weeks, but right now, we're right in there. (He's the #8 prospect nationwide)

We probably have an outside shot with DT Salcido as well - we're tied in prestige on his list. But we don't have an offer in, and GaTech does, along with four other schools.

DT Leonard Compton is probably heading to Indiana - better academics than us, and a much closer school. Too bad, but I think we walk away there.

DT Bo Connolly - forget it, Michigan wants him. It's over.

So, depending on how much capital we have to invest at the DL positions, I'm thinking:

Keep after DT Castillo - calls in week 3/4 and 5, perhaps.
Let's get calls in to DT Salcido and DE Feliciano for week 3 - and see how their lists develop

If we could bring own two of those three, we'd be in very nice shape along the DL.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote