View Single Post
Old 09-18-2004, 01:52 PM   #180
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty
This may be a stupid question but I never read the other 'groupthink' dynasties so pardon my ignorance, but... Is this kind of thing for the participants only, basically, or is it to draw in others to read and comment?

My point is, actually, and I don't know that I recall seeing this before (man, I need to take a writing class and cut out the ancillary sentence structure/comment shit ), but it seems to me that if others, not on the staff, were allowed to download your universe files you could enliven this thing a great deal and increase participation (ramblin mo-fo, aren't I)...fuck that, get to the point...

I think it would be cool if other people sign up to be media members. What they do is download your universe and critique the decisions y'all make. Someone would be:
  • sporting news/sports illustrated national mag guy
  • dickhead national recruiting guy
  • conference based sports guy
  • local nc state cover guy
  • etc...
Depending on numbers of volunteers, of course. For instance, some Mel Kiper wannabee takes your staff to task because when he grades recruits, he can't understand why you went after so-and-so. Or another want's to know why QB #2 isn't playing more, blah, blah. You get the point, or not.

Maybe stupid, maybe clever, I don't know, but it sounded interesting to me and I can't recall seeing this kind of participation before.

Thoughts (be gentle, I'm tired .)

I don't know, but I downloaded the universe files for it and looked over the roster, and could be tempted to give a fan persepective on how the team is doing. I'm no wordsmith tho.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote