View Single Post
Old 09-17-2004, 10:20 PM   #174
TredWel
High School Varsity

Just took a cursory glance at the possible CB recruits. The #1 corner in the nation happens to be in our backyard, Travis Bensen. Only East Carolina is a closer school. He's rated at a 93 by our Excellent scout, and he's got an athletic prep of 79. However, I think we should pass on him. His academics are not very promising, with a 2.23 GPA and 870 Test score. Plus, his biggest weakness is Man defense, which we've ascertained is going to be our cover scheme of choice. This is not to mention the fact that we could be outgunned by a bigger institution wanting the top recruit.

Nope, my guy is a little bit more south, just over the border in South Carolina. Wade Copperfield is the #180 recruit and #12 CB this year. He's rated 72 by our excellent scout. His strength is man coverage. His academics are much better, with a GPA of 3.34 and Test of 1207. We have a distance advantage with him over any other school, save South Carolina. The only blemishes on his resume are a forgivable 37 Athletic Prep and Low ratings consistancy, which is not quite as forgivable. Still, he plays into our strengths, and with the #1 CB recruit just up the road, he may fall a bit under the radar by the local heavyweights.

Safety is a lesser concern, but I still want to draw attention to Blake Maloney, the 27th best safety recruit in the country. He's out of Winston-Salem, and very close to our institution. He's rated 80 by our scout. He's a good prospect for a Strong Safety, as his best skill is Defending the Run. His Academics are impeccable, with a GPA of 3.82 and Test of 1361. While his Athletic Prep is low (14), and he is located in the middle of the state, closer to other schools, I suggest we take a look at him if we have a spare scholarship to grant.

Last edited by TredWel : 09-17-2004 at 10:21 PM.
TredWel is offline   Reply With Quote