View Single Post
Old 08-27-2004, 09:14 AM   #37
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl

Third, my white eyelet pillow that I have slept with every night since 5th grade...so it's about 20 years old. It's amazing, I can't sleep without it (just ask radii). It's been washed so many times and is so well loved that it is completely threadbare and is no longer white, it's kind of a permanent shade of khaki now. And all the filling inside is broken down and it's all lumpy - but it smushes underneath me perfectly and I have to have it!!!
Ahh, this reminded me of perfect item #2 I own.

About 2 years ago, out of nowhere, my girlfriend made a pillow for me. She made the whole thing from stratch and went out of her way to hunt down song lyrics from a band she knew I liked (Superchunk), but personally knew nothing about. She then painted the lyrics accross the face of the pillow (which was a cool multi-color sort of abstract patterened material).

I went out to the forest and caught
A hundred thousand fireflies
As they ricochet round the room
They remind me of your starry eyes

Never mind the fact that the song she picked was actually a cover ("100,000 Fireflies," originally by The Magnetic Fields), it was the thought that mattered and I was floored by the gift. I said there and then that it was the best gift I had ever received, and I still beleive that. I sleep with it every night.

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 08-27-2004 at 09:15 AM.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote