View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 05:02 AM   #231
daedalus
Pro Rookie

"Well said, Soriun Priest," Kevan responds as he stretches out. "As Old Father said, we DO have an unknown guest. If we are to stay ahead, we should get started." Turning toward the Paladin, Kevan answers, "yes, Benton Gale. I do believe it is a good time to go." With that, Kevan starts packing everything away.

Once all the packing is done, Kevan hands the reign to the pack horses to Mavirr and says, "Songmaker, if you could please continue to care for these animal. Thank you."

"Old Father," Kevan turns toward the old monk and speaks, "could you hang back with the Songmaker and the Mage to keep an eye out for our guest?"

Kevan moves toward the Paladin and the Dwarven Priest, "Benton Gale, Soriun Priest. Please follow me in front of our rear group. In case something unexpected pops up. Or in case I need to make a hasty retreat back. I will be moving back and forth to cover as much of our tracks as I can. Fear not for I will keep you abreast of the directions we are to head. If we can make good time, we can make camp by darkness."

The Ranger makes one last check of his equipment and heads out of the boulder formation carefully.

My barding are fully on. My two longswords are strapped across my shoulders. The quarterstaff has been put away on the pack horses. My throwing axes are strapped onto my leather vest, in easily reachable positions for a quick draw. My new bow is in-hand and quiver across my back. Oh, I've taken one of my vials of sweetwater from the pack horses and it's on my person.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote