View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 01:09 PM   #229
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

As the wemic commented on strategy and departing sooner rather than later, the old monk nodded slowly in agreement. He felt this the wisest choice, and eyed the others to make one final assessment of this. It was thus with surprise that he saw the dwarf rise up and angrily state his impatience.

The moment was an awkward one, and Puli knew not what would follow. He had little experience with dwarven companions, and wasn’t sure if this sudden testiness was typical or not.

Yet beyond a successive trading of glances and the prattle of the bard, no one said anything. When the paladin moved toward the wemic, Puli’s eyes tracked him with great curiousity. He waited for a few more silent moments, then turned to the dwarf.

“Soriun, do you feel it unwise to follow the course of action suggested by our wemic guide? For I do not. Neither do I wish to expend greater energy and time in squabbles over who will be the one voice that leads this quest.” He paused to pull the scroll from his few belongings, and then pointed it – albeit gently - at the dwarf.

“This, I believe, is our leader. It will guide us clearly once we arrive at its markings. Until that time, Kevan Firestorm has been tasked to take us there. He is most familiar with this surrounding wasteland. Perhaps, in matters of travel, he should steer our course without hesitation or question, and in all else we defer to the leadership of Benton Gale.”

The old monk rose to his feet, brushing a bit of dust off his legs. “In any case, our unknown visitor is not long gone…we should be away.”