View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 11:45 PM   #218
MikeVic
Head Coach

Mavirr happily sat around the campfire and munched away on his piece of meat. The boar meat. He looked around him, and saw that everyone was present. After he finished chewing some of the boar meat, Mavirr spoke:

"Looks like I can't take anyone else's portion, huh?" He grinned at Soriun, since he noticed that Soriun seemed to have plenty of remarks to fling towards Mavirr's direction. The smell of boar meat was a pleasant one for him, as it was the first food he could remember eating. Before the rest of the heroes could finish, Mavirr thought he would bring up an important point regarding the spy.

"Friends, I trust that you all still remember the spy that Puli recognized in the distance, following our every move? The very same spy that resulted in our encampment here." Mavirr paused to look around at the faces of the heroes. He wanted to make sure everyone still remembered the spy, although he wasn't getting the response he had hoped for. Instead of agreeing nods, Mavirr saw disgusted shakes of the head from a couple of the heroes. They must be thinking about the despicable spy when they shake their heads like that, thought Mavirr.

"With regards to this spy, even though we haven't heard from him recently, I think he may pose a threat to the group." He paused momentarily to look over his shoulder, just to make sure the spy wasn't watching him just then, and spoke in a slightly lower tone:

"I think that we should still keep an eye out for him. As some of us thought before, maybe he was but one of a giant group of nomads? What if they decide to ambush us? I think we should take turns keeping watch over the camp throughout the night." Mavirr proudly stood up and nodded his head up and down a few times, under the impression that he just presented the most important piece of wisdom that some of these heroes have ever heard. At least, coming from him.

"Are you friends in agreement?" Mavirr turned his head to look at each one of the heroes, some of whom were still finishing their boar meat, and waited for a response.

Last edited by MikeVic : 08-18-2004 at 11:48 PM.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote