Thread: $1,596.75
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 09:59 PM   #58
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

so, we're going to go ahead and have the work done. it's going to be about a month before they can do it, so we may be putting up with a few stragglers in the house until then. the $1600 hurts though. and, literally the day after the inspection, the valve in our upstairs bath went out, and we had to get the plumber in - another hundred bucks or so we didn't really want to be spending.

had an interesting talk with the owner of the bat service today - he definitely is a
Grizzly Adams nature boy type (the kind who could live in the wilderness eating berries and mouse poop). At one point, he mentioned the bat he kept in his upstairs bathroom for a winter. (???)

Anyway, I wanted to ask how to flush out a bat hiding in the house, like the guy who may or may not be hiding in my family room now. He suggested smelly things - bats don't like mothballs, candles, incense, stuff like that. So, we've been burning incense upstairs pretty much constantly tonight, in hopes of at least keeping them at bay for a bit. All the incense though makes me think I need to buy some pot or something.