View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 01:11 PM   #45
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked
Comes back 10 minutes later with a ticket for failure to observe a signal and tells me to go get my info checked out so I can "clear" my record. The next day, I go to the Dekalb county police office and ask about my "probation" record (they wouldn't do it on the phone). They tell me they have no idea what I'm talking about. To top it off, I go to court to fight it, and they say they can't possibly handle all the cases, so if anyone has a low points offense, they can plead guilty to some lesser charge (they don't say what it is, but it magically carries the same fine), otherwise I may sit there all day, not get my case heard and have to come back.

A friend of mine who gets a few too many tickets always tries to plead it down to a non-moving violation because you don't get any strikes against your insurance or license but the fine is still the same. Probably better in the long run for your pocketbook.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote