View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 12:26 PM   #44
miked
College Starter

I got pulled over in Decatur coming back from Everybody's pizza (had some pesto pasta in the car). It was about midnight, no drinks, there are 3 stop signs in a row. I was pretty sure I stopped at all 3. I get through the third one, the cop pulls me over, says I stopped at the first, but kind of rolled through the second. Takes my license. Comes back 10-15 minutes later and asks me what I'm on probation for. I say nothing. He says, well your license is coming up with you on probation. I asked if it was my number, my address, all my info...he says yes. He then tells us to hold on while he goes back to his car. About a minute later, without warning, he sticks his head into the passenger window (my g/f was sitting there) and starts sniffing and looking around saying he smelled something funny. We assured him it was the pesto. Gave it to him to see. He gave us the stink eye.

Comes back 10 minutes later with a ticket for failure to observe a signal and tells me to go get my info checked out so I can "clear" my record. The next day, I go to the Dekalb county police office and ask about my "probation" record (they wouldn't do it on the phone). They tell me they have no idea what I'm talking about. To top it off, I go to court to fight it, and they say they can't possibly handle all the cases, so if anyone has a low points offense, they can plead guilty to some lesser charge (they don't say what it is, but it magically carries the same fine), otherwise I may sit there all day, not get my case heard and have to come back.

Cops suck and so does Dekalb County Courthouse.
miked is offline   Reply With Quote