View Single Post
Old 08-08-2004, 01:58 PM   #8
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_herd
A couple months ago I was pulled over in the lovely town of San Angelo (avoid it like the plague, Jeeber will probably agree) at around 12am. I was crossing a bridge where the speed limit was 40, but when you get to the end of the bridge the speed limit becomes 35. I wasn't paying much attention to my speed and I noticed the cop sitting about 40 yards past the bridge. I checked my speed and I was at 44. I really didn't think I would get pulled over for 4mph over the speed limit at 12am. I was wrong. I had to turn at the end of the bridge, so I slowed down as I came off the bridge and turned on my blinker to turn. As I passed the cop she put her lights on and pulled me over. She goes on to tell me I was going 46 in a 35. I had to pay something like $165.

So, either I was clocked earlier on the bridge and she was bored and decided she wanted to pull someone over. Or I sped up as I came off the bridge so I could make the right turn I had to make at the light faster.

or she just decided to cite you for 46 instead of 44 because it means more money for the police force. She was obviously sitting in a speed trap (the famous at the bottom of a hill where the speed limit lowers) so I wouldn't doubt she put you 1 MPH into the higher fine category.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote