View Single Post
Old 07-31-2004, 10:32 AM   #165
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Benton Gale’s own restorative touch had handled the greater part of the wounds already, and the dwarf’s Healing quickly settled the matter. With a deep exhaled breath, the paladin was as good as new.

Puli stood to the side of the others, a stoic expression on his face. He glanced down almost sadly at the greater of the two boars. Well-fought, massive one. You’ve done your spirit proud…go in peace upon your next path.

The old monk cast his gaze upward at the sky. It was still early, not even midday. A look around the grove yielded no obvious threats to the healed paladin, but Puli moved to assist him as the wemic had suggested nevertheless. He could not resist commenting on the other suggestion, however.

“Perhaps a tusk for each of you would be judicious, Kevan and Baldar. As for the meat…perhaps we could prepare and pack the smaller of the two boars and be on our way? To skin, butcher, cook, and prepare them both will take the better part of the day, I would think. And we’ve ample food already. These are my thoughts, but I would yield to the ranger’s wishes in this.”

He bowed his head slightly to the wemic.